When you install Payroll, it installs in two different folders. If you are experiencing problems installing, it is possibly because a part of an old install is still present in one of these folders.
During a standard install the files are set as follows:
- The program files are installed in the following location on your C drive: C:\Program Files\MYOB\Payroll
- The data files are installed in the following location on your C drive: C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll
Let's step you through uninstalling, then reinstalling, your Payroll software.
- Close MYOB Payroll.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard. (The Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Computer or Explorer window appears.
- Browse to the data files on C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll.
- Move the following folders/files and place them on your Desktop (right-click the file/folder and choose Cut then right-click on your Desktop and choose Paste): (a) Payroll 1, Payroll 2, etc. (this/these are your main payroll files) (b) License.WTL (this file carries your registration details)
- Access the list of programs installed on your computer: Windows 8 and later: Right-click in the bottom left corner of the screen and choose Programs and Features. Windows 7 and Vista: Click the Windows Start button then choose Control Panel, then click Programs and Features. Windows XP: Click the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list of installed programs, click MYOB Payroll then click Uninstall/Change. In some Windows versions, this may be Change/Remove.
- Click Yes to the confirmation message.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall Payroll.
Once you have removed the Payroll folders as described above, ensure that you are logged on as an administrator of your system, your anti-virus software and any firewalls are disabled and then follow the process below to reinstall your software.
Close all programs
Make sure all other programs are closed before installing Payroll - this includes web browsers and programs which might be running in the background (like Microsoft Outlook and Skype). To close Skype, right-click the Skype icon in the system tray and choose Exit.
- Log into Windows as Administrator, or as a user with Administrator privileges.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall software. You can enable these again after the installation has finished.
- If you have the MYOB Payroll installation CD, place the CD into the CD/DVD drive on your computer and follow the prompts to install Payroll.
If you have downloaded MYOB Payroll, double-click the downloaded installation file and follow the prompts to install Payroll.
Need to download Payroll?
- Once Payroll has been installed, simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard to open the Computer or Explorer window.
- Bowsre to C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll
- Move the following folders/files from your Desktop and place them in the Payroll folder (right-click the file/folder and choose Cut then right-click on the Payroll folder and choose Paste): (a) Payroll 1, Payroll 2, etc. (b) License.WTL
- You will now be ready to open and use MYOB Payroll.