Article ID: 30118
ARTICLE LAST UPDATED: 18/03/2009 2:39:00 PM
You can now import both coded and uncoded transactions into Accountants Office from BankLink for review before they are posted to an Accountants Office General Ledger.
- In BankLink, from the Other Functions menu, select Accounting Systems. The Maintain Accounting Systems window is displayed.
- Select MYOB Accountants Office from the System Used field. Accountants Office is highlighted.
- Click the browse button beside the Load Chart from field. The Select a Ledger window appears.
- Select the Accountants Office General Ledger to import the transactions from the Select Ledger list and click Select. The Maintain Accounting Systems window is displayed with your selections.
- Click the Check BankLink ID to map the BankLink client ID to the General Ledger client ID in Accountants Office. A message appears informing you that the clients IDs have been mapped.
- Click OK. The confirmation message is closed.
Click OK to accept these default settings for this BankLink client. The Maintain Accounting Systems window is closed.You can now export your transactions from BankLink. These transactions can be either coded or uncoded.
To import bank transactions in General Ledger, ensure that you have a bank account with the correct bank account number set up in the Bank Account Maintenance window. Follow steps below to activate these settings.
From within your clients' General Ledger, select the General Ledger menu and click Options. The Ledger Configuration window is displayed
Click the check box next to Use 'Bank Reconciliation' facility? A tick is placed in the check boxIf a tick already exists in this box, do not click it again, as this will remove the setting.
- Select Ask each time from the Type of Data Entry field, and click OK. The Ledger Configuration window is closed and your general ledger settings are updated.
Select the General Ledger menu and click Bank Account Maintenance. The Bank Account Maintenance window is displayed.If you click the Bank Transactions tab, then click the Bank Accounts button, you can also enter the Bank Account Maintenance window.
Press F4 to add a new bank account. The Add a Bank Account window is displayed.
Enter the General Ledger account number you want to link, for example 680, and press TAB. The Actual Account type field is highlighted.
Enter the account number in the Actual Account number field and press TAB. The cursor moves to the Opening Balance field.
Enter an opening balance if relevant and click OK. The Add a Bank Account window is closed.
Once you have exported the transactions from BankLink, open your General Ledger client in Accountants Office.
Click the Bank Transactions tab in the General Ledger window. The Bank Transactions tab is displayed.You can also access this window from the Tools menu, select Client Accounting and click Bank Transactions. Selecting Bank Transactions in this manner will only allow access to Bank Transactions features.
Click Code transactions. The Coding Options window is displayed.
Select your bank account from the Select Bank Account field. Your bank account is highlighted and the account number is listed.
Click OK. The Code Imported Transactions window appears listing the transactions sent from BankLink.
If a message appears indicating that there are 0 transactions available for this bank account, this can indicate that the mapping of Client IDs in BankLink is incorrect, or the bank account number entered in the Bank Account maintenance window is incorrect.