ELS has shutdown
The ATO shutdown ELS on 31 March 2019 and now use PLS. See Practitioner lodgment service on the ATO's website for more information.
From now on you must use PLS to lodge returns and activity statements, and request reports from the ATO.
More about PLS
Prepare your tax returns and activity statements using PLS by pre-filling them with up-to-date information from the ATO. You can validate your data against the ATO's records before lodging.
PLS validation checks are more rigid than ELS. If the details in your tax return or form don't match the ATO's records, you'll receive a rejection.
Keep all your client records up to date in the ATO Portal to avoid rejections.
MYOB Tax is PLS compliant
You can lodge tax returns and activity statements, and request agent reports in the latest version of MYOB Tax.
Check this table to see which PLS functions you can perform in your version of MYOB Tax:
|Tax version||PLS tax returns||PLS activity statements||PLS agent reports|
|2017.1 or earlier|
|2017.3, 2018.0 or 2018.0a|
|2018.1 or later|
The earliest year you can lodge forms using PLS depends on your product:
|If you use||PLS lodgment||Paper lodgment|
|Accountants Enterprise||2005 onwards||2004 and prior|
|Series 6 & 8||2006 onwards||2005 and prior|
|Accountants Office||2010 onwards||2009 and prior|
|AO Classic||Not PLS compliant||All returns created in AO Classic|
PLS activity statements
You can lodge activity statements using PLS if you are on MYOB Tax version 2018.1 or later.
If you're not on the latest version of MYOB Tax, you'll need to update soon. ELS retired on 31 March 2019, so PLS is the only way to lodge to the ATO.
- There are 19 PLS activity statement form types. They support the reporting requirements for various obligations.
- We've replaced activity statement ELS reports such as RPTAI, RPTAB and RPTOM with the Activity Statement Lodgment Report (ASLRPT).
- The ASLRPT lists the outstanding activity statement obligations for an agent in the Activity Statement Obligations homepage. Use the data in the ASLRPT to pre-fill activity statements.
- Pre-lodge an activity statement is a validation check done in real time against the ATO's records. It checks the integrity of the data, and allows you to correct any discrepancies before lodgment.
- You must correctly answer the Simpler BAS question in a PLS activity statement to avoid rejections.
You can request agent reports using PLS if you are running Tax version 2018.1 or later.
You can request the following reports in the Agent Reports homepage:
- Activity statement lodgment report (ASLRPT)
Lists all the outstanding obligations the ATO has on record for all the activity statements the agent lodged during the last six months.
- EFT reconciliation report (EFTRS)
Helps you to reconcile client refunds paid into your trust account. It provides details of all EFT refunds the ATO expects to deposit into the agent's account.
- Income tax client report (ITCRPT)
Lists the clients linked to your registered tax agent number. The ATO is expecting you to lodge tax returns for these clients.
- The reports are either scheduled or on-demand.
|PLS report||Category||Equivalent ELS report|
|Activity statement lodgment report (ASLRPT)||Scheduled (ONCE only unless report download failed)||RPTAB, RPTAI and RPTOM|
EFT reconciliation report (EFTRS)
|Income tax client report (ITCRPT)||On-demand||RPTCL|