Processing shrinkage, stolen goods, or depleted lines in AccountRight involves making an inventory adjustment and adjusting the quantity of the item lost.
- Go to the Inventory command centre and click Adjust Inventory.
- Ensure the Date of the adjustment is correct.
- Enter a Memo if required, for example Stolen goods or Depleted line.
- Enter the Item Number of the item to be adjusted.
- In the Quantity column, enter the amount you want to adjust the item by, for example if you lost five items, enter -5.
- Leave the Unit Cost as the default.
- Press Tab and the amount will be automatically generated.
- Use an expense account to allocate the adjustment to, for example Shrinkage/Theft expense account.
- Click Record.