Process the refund
To process the refund, you'll need to create a customer credit for the original sale.
You can then complete the following steps to settle the credit and transfer its value into the asset (holding) account created in step 3 above.
- Go to the Sales command centre and click Sales Register. The Sales Register window appears.
- Click the Returns & Credits tab.
- Click the credit note you created, then click Pay Refund. The Settle Returns & Credits window appears.
- In the Account field at the top of the window, select the asset account created above.
- Click Record. This will record the refund against the customer card.
Next, you'll need to process the payment. Now, you'll need to process the electronic payment to the supplier card created earlier.