If you have existing data, you can migrate a MAS, Accounts or AO Classic General Ledger to MYOB Ledger.
The data migrated to the MYOB Ledger includes:
- ledger details (such as entity type, reporting period)
- chart of accounts
closing balances of the financial year.
You can migrate either:
- the full prior year balances
- the partial current-year balances, including transactions for any future periods. This migrates transactions that are equal to or greater than the financial year start date as a Journal type.
Use the Select to migrate current year transactions checkbox to choose your preference when migrating data.
Comparative figures are migrated into MYOB Ledger, so you can use the figures for review processing and produce financial statements with up to 5 years of data.
Before you begin
You may want to check the following:
- the ledger you are migrating is balanced
- asset journals have been posted from AE Assets or AO Classic Fixed Assets to your legacy ledger
- the current ledger year has been completed.
|UI Text Box|
|You don't need to roll forward your MAS, Accounts or AO Classic General Ledger to migrate. The migration process does not make any changes to the MAS, Accounts or AO Classic General Ledger.|
There are three tasks you need to perform to migrate your ledger:
Before migrating, you need to configure the ledger a MAS, Accounts or AO Classic General Ledger.
|title||2. Migrate to MYOB Ledger|
On the TASKS bar, click Migrate to AE ledger or Migrate to AO ledger.
The Migrate data window appears. Most details are automatically retrieved from your existing ledger but there are some options you can change:
You can either:
- leave clear to migrate the full prior-year balances
- select to migrate the partial current-year balances, including transactions for any future periods. This migrates transactions that are equal to or greater than the financial year start date as a Journal type.
|title||3. Check your migrated data|
You can view the migration log to view and action any warnings or errors.
On the TASKS bar, click View migration log. The Migration Log window for the client appears.
Optionally, to export the migration log to Microsoft Excel, click Export to Excel.
Review the migration log and action the following:
|UI Text Box|
If you migrate a ledger that has been migrated before, the prior year balances are overwritten.
Just a sec...
We're taking you to the new workflow!