To change a quote to an order or invoice
When a quote is converted to an order or invoice, by default the quote will be retained. You can then delete the quote if you like, or set a preference to delete it automatically (Setup menu > Preferences > Sales tab > Delete Quotes upon Changing to and Recording as an Order or Invoice).
- Go to the Sales command centre and click Sales Register. The Sales Register window appears.
- Click the Quotes tab and select the required quote.
- If you want to change the quote to:
The Sales window appears.
- an order (Not Basics), click Change to Order
- an invoice, click Change to Invoice.
Make any necessary changes to these and other fields. For example, change the transaction date to today’s date.
|UI Text Box|
Want to retain the invoice quote number? To There's a preference you can set to retain the original invoice quote number when you change the sale type, select the it to an order or invoice (Setup menu > Preferences > Sales tab > Retain Original Invoice Number when...option (Setup > Preferences > Sales tab).
- Click Record. The new order or invoice is created. The original quote will remain in the Sales Register window unless you indicated in the Sales view of the Preferences window that you want quotes to be deleted when they are changed to orders or invoices.
If a quote doesn't become an order or invoice:
- if you don't want to keep the quote you can delete it (open the quote then go to Edit > Delete Sale).
- if you want to keep the quote you can might want to add a note to the Memo field (open the quote, add a note to the Memo field then click OK).