Reason for Error
This error occurs if you are unable to connect to the M-Powered Services secure connection. This may be for a variety of reasons and the most common solutions are listed below.
This solution may become very technical and MYOB Australia suggests that you consult your IT professional / department regarding how to resolve this error event if you do not understand the solution.
|UI Text Box|
|M-Powered Services run best when you have Internet Explorer installed and active on your computer. |
The following list provides some resolutions to this error:
- Check that your internet connection is working. Try to connect to www.myob.com. If this works continue below.
- Go to https://connector.myob.com.au If the connection is set correctly it will do one of 2 things:
- It will display a red hat website.
- It will redirect to the MYOB website main page.
- It will display Forbidden.
If the connection is not set correctly you will get an Internet Explorer (or similar web browser) error.
- If you have a firewall or virus checker then disable these and try Send/Receive or creating the Authoriser again. If this connection then works correctly one of these programs is blocking the connection. Your software must be made an allowed program to access the internet through both firewall and virus checking programs. Please consult your IT professional regarding how to do this for your particular system. Note: Your program needs to access the internet via Port 443.
If you have a proxy server: MYOB Australia has tested using Microsoft Proxy and Squid, with basic authentication and NTLM. Your IT professional can assist in setting this up.
The cipher strength of your internet connection needs to be set at least 128bit. To check this open Internet Explorer, click Help then About Internet Explorer. If this is not the case this Microsoft website can be used to download high encryption packs.