After upgrading AccountRight v19 and trying to customise a report, you might find some of the report filters are incorrect or not available:
This can be caused by the upgrade being affected by security software on your computer, e.g. antivirus, or security settings in Windows.
To resolve this issue, complete the following tasks.
|title||1. Back up your company file|
This task ensures a copy of your company file is created which contains your most up-to-date information. This is always recommended before uninstalling your software. For more information on backing up, see the AccountRight help (Australia | New Zealand).
- In AccountRight, go to the File menu and choose Backup.
- Click Continue.
- Select a destination for the backup file and click Save.
|title||2. Uninstall AccountRight|
Uninstalling AccountRight removes the software, but your company file will remain untouched.
- Close all programs and disable any antivirus software.
- Access the list of programs installed on your computer:
- In Windows 8 and later: Right-click in the screen's bottom-left corner and choose Programs and Features.
- In Windows 7/Vista: Click the Windows Start button, choose Control Panel then choose Programs and Features.
- Click MYOB AccountRight v19.x then click Uninstall. In some Windows versions this may appear as Change/Uninstall.
- If a confirmation message is displayed, click Yes.
- If the Setup window is displayed, select the Remove option then click Next.
- The system will display a window asking if you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components. Click Yes.
- Click Finish once the uninstall process is complete.
- Restart your computer.
|title||3. Rename your AccountRight installation folder|
This task involves changing the name of the folder where AccountRight is installed. This insures that when you reinstall AccountRight in the next task, all required files are recreated in a new installation folder.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Computer or Windows Explorer window appears.
Navigate to your AccountRight installation folder on your C: drive. Depending on your AccountRight version, the default folder location and name will be:
Default installation folder (v19.12 or earlier)
|Default installation folder (v19.13 or later, Australia only)|
- Right-click the AccountRight installation folder and choose Rename.
- Type over the folder name to rename it and include the word "OLD", such as OLD_Plus19.
- Click off the folder name to save the new name.
|title||4. Reinstall AccountRight|
If you don't already have it, the AccountRight installation file (and installation instructions) can be downloaded from my.MYOB (Australia | New Zealand). You will need the "Full Install" file, not the upgrade. For more information on downloading from my.MYOB, see Downloading AccountRight from my.MYOB.
Double-click the downloaded AccountRight Full Install file and follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
Once AccountRight has installed, you can turn your antivirus software back on.
|title||5. Copy customised data|
Your company files and customised data (customised forms, personalised mail merge letters, and BASlink data (Australia only)) is in the AccountRight installation folder which you renamed in Task 3 above. To ensure this data is accessible in AccountRight, you'll need to copy the applicable files/folders into the new AccountRight installation folder.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Computer or WindowsExplorer window appears.
Navigate to the AccountRight installation folder you renamed in Task 3 above. Depending on your AccountRight version, here's where you'll find it (this presumes you added "OLD_" to the folder name when you renamed it):
If using this AccountRight version
The old installation folder is here :(v19.12 or earlier)
|The old installation folder is here (v19.13 or later, Australia only)|
- Double-click to open your old AccountRight installation folder.
Depending on the data you need to use in AccountRight, copy the following files/folders from your old AccountRight installation folder (right-click and choose Copy). Depending on what you need to use, here's what you need to copy:
|If you have||copy this file/folder|
|company files||your company files (these have a ".myo" file extension, e.g. "My Company File.myo")|
|customised forms||the Forms folder|
|personalised letters||the Letters folder|
|Baslink data (Australia only)||the BASlink folder|
Paste the copied files and folders into your new AccountRight installation folder (right-click the folder and choose Paste). Depending on your AccountRight version, here's where you'll find it:
If using this AccountRight version:
The new installation folder is here :(v19.12 or earlier)
|The new installation folder is here (v19.13 or later, Australia only)|
You will now be able to open your company file and the report customisation will work as expected.