AccountEdge Pro and Network Edition, Australia only
This page describes how to process a pay where annual leave is paid in advance.
|UI Text Box|
Mary Jones works 40 hours a week and is paid weekly. She is taking one week of annual leave and is being paid for this together with her standard weekly pay in one transaction.
|title||To pay annual leave in advance|
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Process Pays. The Process Payroll window is displayed.
- Select the employee you want to pay.
- Set the Pay Period end date as the last day the employee is expected to be on leave.
- Select the Pay leave in advance option as shown below:
When this option is selected the Leave In Advance window is displayed:
- Enter the number of Weeks of standard pay.
- Enter the number of Weeks of leave in advance that will be paid.
- Click OK. Note: The Leave In Advance window will refer to weeks, fortnights or whatever interval is specified in the employee's Payroll Details tab in their card file. The Weeks of leave in advance field accepts decimal values so that if the employee was only taking three days of leave, you can enter 0.6 weeks in advance.
- Click Next to proceed to the Employee Pay section of the payroll process.
- Click the zoom arrow next to the employee's paycheque. As shown in the example below, instead of the normal 40 hours, a quantity of 80 appears in the Hours column against the Base Hourly category. The gross pay and the appropriate PAYG withholding amount is calculated and displayed. In addition, the superannuation and entitlements are also correctly adjusted.
- Reduce the Base Hourly hours to 40 and enter 40 hours against the Holiday Pay category. This is so that the employee's balance of leave accrual is reduced by the 40 hours. If the employee is salary based, enter 40 hours against the Holiday Pay category and then reduce the Base Salary dollar amount by the dollar value of the 40 hours holiday pay. Note: Once Once you have done this, the correct amount of PAYG Withholding appears and superannuation appears again.
- Click OK and complete the payroll process as normal.
|UI Text Box|
Note: Paying additional amounts such as leave loading will require you to manually calculate the PAYG Withholding amount.