When installing or opening AccountEdge, a message similar to the following might display:
Messages like this are caused by an Apple security feature called "Gatekeeper" in later Mac OS X versions which can prevent downloaded versions of AccountEdge from being installed or opened.
For more information on Gatekeeper, see this Apple support article.
See the fixes below based on your Mac OS.
|title||If using Mac OS 'Sierra'|
You can open an app that isn’t allowed to open by manually overriding the settings in the Security & Privacy preferences.
- In the Finder, locate the AccountEdge app.
Most apps can be found in the Applications folder.
- Control-click the AccountEdge app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Click Open.
The AccountEdge app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it, just as you can any authorised app.
For more information about protecting your Mac from harmful software, see the Apple support article Protect your Mac from malware.
|title||If using Mac OS 'El Capitan' (or earlier)|
If you're using AccountEdge Pro/Network Edition v13 or AccountEdge Basic v2 on OS X 10.9.5 or later, we have released updated installers which will fix this issue. Or upgrade to the latest AccountEdge Pro/Network Edition/Basic version.
|UI Text Box|
Only download and use products and versions you're licensed for. Visit myob.com/downloads for details.
If you're using an earlier version or you're unable to download the new installer, there's 2 ways to fix this issue:
- Right-click (or control-click) the AccountEdge icon and choose Open.
- Change a system preference as follows:
- Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the General tab.
- If you see a locked icon (at the bottom of the window), click to unlock it which will allow you to make changes.
- For the preference Allow applications downloaded from, select the Anywhere option as shown below.
- Alternatively, if available in your OS X version, click Open Anyway.
This will prevent the message from displaying the next time you open AccountEdge.