Here are some solutions to the most common AccountRight v19 installation issues. Can't find what you need? Try the community forum or contact us.
If you're having trouble installing AccountRight 2016, your help is here.
|How can I check if AccountRight will work on my computer?||Check the AccountRight system requirements (Australia | New Zealand).|
|I'm getting an error when installing|
See these support notes about specific error messages:
Error: "1628: Failed to complete installation"
Error: "1303" when installing AccountRight
Error: "1605" when installing AccountRight
|I need to download the AccountRight installation file|
If you have AccountRight support you can download AccountRight from my.MYOB.
If you don't have AccountRight support but you purchased AccountRight, call us and we'll email you a download link.
In Australia call 1300 555 123
In New Zealand call 0508 328 283
|Nothing happens when I insert the AccountRight CD|
You can install AccountRight by double-clicking the setup.exe file located on the installation CD.
To do this:
- Insert the CD into the computer's CD drive.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard. The File Explorer window appears.
- Click on your CD drive. In the example below, the CD drive is the D drive (D:).
On the right hand side of the screen, you'll see the contents of the CD.
- Double click the file named setup.exe.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to install AccountRight.
|I can't install AccountRight - a message advises that it's already installed. But it isn't!||If you've previously uninstalled AccountRight, some parts of it might be left behind which is preventing AccountRight from installing. This can be fixed using the "Fix it" tool provided by Microsoft. For more info, see Fixing issues uninstalling AccountRight v19.|
|I need to install AccountRight (via CD) across a network but not all computers have a CD drive|
If you're unable to download AccountRight from my.MYOB, you can install your software by using the CD drive on another computer in the network.
First, make sure the CD Rom drive is shared as follows:
Windows Vista and later
- On the computer which has the CD Rom drive, simultaneously press the Windows and E keys. The Computer or Explorer window appears.
- Right-click the CD Rom drive and choose Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab then click Advanced Sharing.
- Select the option Share this folder then click Permissions.
- Select the Allow option for Full Control.
- Click OK then click OK again.
On the computer which has the CD Rom drive, simultaneously press the Windows and E keys. The Windows Explorer window appears.Right-click the CD Rom drive and choose Properties.Click the Sharing tab and select the Shared As and Full Access Type. See our example below.
On the computer without a CD Rom drive, go to your network list and select the machine with the CD Rom drive (you should see a folder representing the shared CD drive), for example it might be named 'D'. If you open this folder, you will be able to access the setup.exe file. Double-click on this file to install the file across the network from the CD on one machine to your desired destination on the other machine.
|Unable to uninstall or reinstall AccountRight|
Some installation issues can be resolved by running a "Fix it" tool provided by Microsoft. For more info, see Fixing issues uninstalling AccountRight v19.