Employees are entitled to a minimum of four weeks of annual leave. Employees can request to cash up one week of their four week entitlement and take the money rather than a holiday. If you provide more than four weeks of leave, your employee may request to cash up the extra leave as well. For example, if you allow your employees five weeks of leave, they may request to cash up two weeks of leave.
A request to cash up annual leave must be made in writing by the employee, and you must respond in writing. You can deny the request.
The decision to cash up leave must be informed and voluntary. You cannot make an employee cash up annual leave.
| UI Expand|
|title||To cash up holiday pay|
- From the front screen click Calculate Pays and select the employee you want to pay.
- Click Leave > Holiday Pay > .
- Select Cash Up Holiday Pay then click Next.
The Cashed Up Holiday window opens.
Click NextSelect whether the payment should be included in the employee's gross earnings for the AWE and/or OWP rates, then click Next again.
Click Enter Days Cashed, enter the number of days you have agreed to cash up, then click Go.
| UI Text Box|
An employee can only cash up one week of their annual holiday, unless their employee agreement entitles them to more than four weeks and you have agreed to cash up the extra leave.
- Click Confirm Daily Rate, enter the daily rate, then click Go.
- Click Next and then Confirm to confirm the cashed up holiday pay.
The Select Extra Pay Tax Rate window opens.
- Choose the rate that applies to your employee based on their annual income, then click Next.
- Click Confirm to finish the process.