Create general tasks for your clients from within MYOB Portal to:
- inform your clients of outstanding information that you need
- remind them of activities that they have to do.
You can also attach any associated documents, if needed.
When you create a general task, your client will be notified by email that there's a task waiting for them to action.You can create tasks for a client if you:
|title||Creating a task for one client|
- Click Tasks in the top menu bar.
On the Tasks page you can create tasks, and view open and completed tasks that were created in MYOB Practice, Accountants Office or Accountants Enterprise.
- Click Create task.
- Select the client. Only clients who you’ve already set up a portal for appear in the list.
- Select the full-access users that you want to assign the task to. These users are part of the client’s portal setup. If the user you want to assign the task to doesn’t appear you’ll need to cancel the task and create them first.
- You can assign the task to a contributor as well, such as the client’s bookkeeper. If the contributor isn’t listed, you can add them now by clicking Add other contributors.
Select who in your practice should appear to be the sender of the task to the client.
If you didn’t specify a default 'Send as' user in the client’s portal settings, your name will be selected by default. If you need to change the selected person, click the X and select a practice user. That way the client will address the correct practice user when replying to the task.
Select who in your practice needs to be notified when a client adds a comment to the task, or approves a document attached to the task.
If you didn’t specify a default practice user in the client’s portal settings, your name will appear here. You can include other users who should be notified for any activity by clicking Add someone to notify. You should include the task sender (the person selected in the Send as section) as a minimum.
only create a task for a client if you've set up their portal. See Creating your client portals for more info.
Access MYOB Portal.
- Give the task a title. This title will be the subject of the email that is sent to the users. It will also be the task title displayed on your Tasks page and the Tasks page in your client’s portal.
- Enter a description. This will be the body of the email the users receive. Give them more details concerning the task.
- Drag one or more files into the Files box to attach documents relevant to the task that you want to share with the users, or click browse for files to find files on your computer.
- Enter or select the due date for the task to be completed. Enter a date in dd/mm/yyyy format or click the calendar icon to select a due date.
Click Create task.
A task is created on your Tasks > Open page and on the client's Tasks > Open tasks portal page. An email is sent to the users and collaborators you selected, letting them know that you've assigned them a task.
access MYOB Portal in 2 ways:
- directly from your browser using http://ae.myob.com (if you have MYOB AE) or http://ao.myob.com (if you have AO). Bookmark the page for easy access in the future. Click Tasks on the left.
- clicking on the toolbar of your desktop version of MYOB AE or MYOB AO.
All your Open tasks are displayed.
Click Create Task.
The Create task page displays.
Select the client and the user within the portal who will be assigned the task.Enter a Title for the task.
Once you've selected your client, only the particular users of the client portal will be available for selection in the Assign to field.
This title forms the subject of the email that will be sent to your client user. It will also form the title of the task that will be displayed on you Tasks page and the Tasks page of your client.
Enter a title that is informative for both you and your client.Enter a Description.
This forms the body of your email to your client
also create a general task for one or more clients straight from the Transaction processing page. See the procedure below for step-by-step instructions.
|title||Creating a task for multiple clients|
You can create a 'bulk task' from the Transaction processing page when you want to send several clients a generic checklist of information and documents you'll need for their next tax return.
|UI Text Box|
When you create a task from the Transaction processing page:
The Description text box contains a simple rich text editor enabling you to format the email message to your clients. For example, you're able to enter a new line of text, bold text and retain all the formatting.
Click Transaction Processing in the top menu bar.
Select all the clients you want to assign the same task to.
Remember that the clients must be linked to their files, and already have client portals.
Click Create task.
In the General Task page that appears, enter a Title. This will be the subject of the email that is sent to your clients. It will also be the title that appears on your Tasks page and the Tasks page in your clients' portals.
- Enter a Description. This will be the body of the email to your clients giving them more details concerning the task.
Click Choose File to browse and select the document.
Add any supporting documents relevant to the task.
|UI Text Box|
The maximum file size for a document that you can attach to a task is 18MB.
Enter or select the Due date for the general task to be completed.
Enter a date in dd/mm/yyyy format or click the calendar
when your client must complete
icon to select a due date
. This is an optional field.
for the general task
to be completed.
A task is created on your Tasks > Open tasks page and on your client's Tasks > Open Tasks page.
An email will be sent to your
- clients letting them know that you've assigned them a task. The task will also appear on your Tasks > Open tasks page and your clients can view it in their portal's Tasks > Open Tasks page.