|UI Text Box|
|This section is only relevant if you're using MYOB AE or MYOB AO in your practice. |
You can send documents to a client by publishing them to the client’s portal, straight from MYOB AO/AE. Your client can view, download, and print the documents.
|title||To publish a document|
- In MYOB AO/AE, select a document you want to publish to the client portal.
There are several ways you can do this - see Select a document to publish for details.
- Click Publish to Portal.
If you’ve already created your client portal, the Publish to... page appears.
If you haven’t created a portal for your client, you’ll be prompted to either:
- create a portal for your client. You’ll be directed to the Create Portal page to create your client portals.
- add the client to an existing portal. Select the relevant portal and click Add.
- In the Publish to … Portal page, you can tag (classify) each document into an appropriate category. Tagging documents makes it easier for you to find them later.
- Select the appropriate year that the document relates to from the drop-down.
- You can reorder the document list if you want. Click in front of the document you wish to reorder and drag it to the position where you want it.
- Select your notification preference for these documents:
- If you don’t want to notify the portal users via email about the document you’re publishing, select Don’t notify anyone, and then click Publish.
- If you do want to email portal users to notify them that you’ve sent them a document:
Select the Notify people option and click Next.
Select the users who you want to notify. You need to select at least one full-access user.
If someone who needs to review and give their approval isn’t already a contributor, you can add them by clicking + Add other contributors.
If someone else usually deals with this client, you can choose to show them as the sender of the email. Click the x next to your name in the Send as section, and then click + Add sender to choose the name that should appear on the email.
Enter the subject of the email.
Enter the email message.
- Click Publish and notify.
How to access the published documents
- An email will be sent to each user you’ve published a document for, notifying them that you have shared documents with them. When they sign in to their portal, they’ll see the documents you’ve shared in the Documents > Received page of their portal.
- You’ll see the documents listed in the Documents > Sent page in MYOB Practice.
- In MYOB AO/AE, if you have Document Manager, you’ll see an icon next to the documents you have published in the Clients > Documents tab and the Versioning page of Document Manager. A icon appears if an earlier version of the same document has been published to the client portal. If you don’t have Document Manager, and you’re publishing documents from your Clients > Documents tab, there is no visual indicator to let you know which documents you have published to the portal.