You can link documents that are specific to an account to the corresponding account. For example, you can link a bank statement to the bank account, or a contract to an asset purchase can be linked to the specific asset account.
|title||To link an external document to an account|
- Go to the client’s Client Accounting > Trial Balance (Workpapers) tab and click a period in the Select Period section.
- On the TASKS bar, click Open Period. The table for the period appears. See Opening an existing period.
- Click the Non-account specific documents checkbox. This is the first item listed in the table.
- On the TASKS bar, click Link Document. The Link External File window opens.
- Select an Account value.
- In the Select external file section, click Browse. The Attach External File window appears.
- Navigate to the location where the file is stored and find the file.
- Click Open.
- If you want to include the document in the next rollover period, click the Rollover this document to the next period checkbox. During rollover, the previous workpapers period is used as a base. The link to the document will be recreated and included on the same account in the next period.
- Click Link. The external file is linked to the period. The external file is displayed as a sub-row below Non-account specific documents in the table. A paperclip icon identifies a linked document.