All source documents have an associated cover page. The cover page enables you to view the progress of reviewing and approving documents. When opening source documents, access the cover page first and then open the file.
| UI Expand|
|title||To use the source document cover page|
- Open the workpapers period. See Opening an existing period. The Prepare Trial Balance (Workpapers) table is displayed.
- Find the source document in the table.
- Double-click the source document to open it. See See Opening Document Manager files or or Opening external files. The document cover page opens. If the document is a Document Manager file, the Location field reads “Document Manager”. If the document is an external file, the Location field displays the path of the document.
- Click Open to open the document.
- To enter additional information about the document:
- Click the text field in the Notes table.
- Type text into the field.
- Click Save to save the changes to the document cover page.
Click Close to close the document cover page. If you have not saved the changes you will be prompted to save the changes before closing the document cover page.