There's a few set up tasks you need to perform to give your practice the full function and experience of Client Accounting.
To use MYOB LedgerBefore you jump into Client Accounting, make sure you've set up Client Accounting for your practice.
Installing and licensing was only one part of the initial setup. To make sure you're able to use the full functions and benefits of Client Accounting, you'll need to :
- Enable the MYOB ledger function
- Provide your staff with access to cashbook.
To use AccountRight Classic ledgers with Client Accounting, you'll need to:
- Specify the location of your AccountRight version 19 (or earlier) program.
Additional tasks to prepare your practice:
- Set up Security and Task Permissions
- Customise your report according to your practice's needs.
- Practice MYOB Logins have been set up.
- You're logged in to AE or AO with your MYOB login.
- You have the login credentials of an Administrator user in the file.
- If you're configuring a Trust or Partnership, your chart of accounts are prepared.
You have the correct version of AccountRight for the client's company file installed. If you've installed the AccountRight application to a location other than the default, check your Accounting Product Locations to ensure Client Accounting knows where to find the application.
configure your Client Accounting Settings.
The Client Accounting Settings can be accessed via the Maintenance Map of your Accountants Office (AO) or Accountants Enterprise (AE) software. In these settings, you'll enable MYOB ledger and enter the location of any AccountRight Classic programs you have installed.
Almost everything you need to prepare your practice for Client Accounting is available in the Maintenance Map of Accountants Office (AO) and Accountants Enterprise (AE).
In this workflow, we'll show you how to configure your Client Accounting Settings and some additional tasks such as how to secure your client's data.
|UI Text Box|
These tasks require Administrator permissions.
To perform these tasks, make sure you're logged into AE or AO as an Administrator or Super User.
For each accounting product to be used:
Click the ellipsis .
(need an updated screenshot)