- You need to be on an AccountRight subscription to upgrade
- Some features that were in Classic AccountRight aren't yet available in the new AccountRight, so check that you can upgrade
- You can work online or offline – it's your choice
You need an AccountRight subscription to upgrade
If you don't have a subscription, you'll need to take one out before you can upgrade. Subscribe now.
If you're already subscribing and want to know how many files you can put online, see here.
Are you able to upgrade?
If you use the following Classic AccountRight features, you might not be able to upgrade from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier) just yet because these features aren't available in the new AccountRight:
multi-currency (we're working on this now - learn more about the multi-currency beta program)
negative inventory or multi-location stock tracking
add-ons that require ODBC. Are your add-ons compatible? Check here, or contact the add-on provider to check if the add-on can work with the new AccountRight.
MYOB is working on building out features like multi-currency in the new AccountRight. We'll let you know when they're available so you can move.
|UI Text Box|
Can't upgrade and need to be compliant for Single Touch Payroll (STP)? Don't worry, we've got your back. We've worked with the ATO and you've been granted a deferral from STP reporting until 31/5/2019.
If you can upgrade here's some things to check first
|Check if||More information|
|your computer can run the new AccountRight|
|the file you want to upgrade is located in a C:\Program Files subfolder||You’ll need to log on to your computer as an administrator before you can upgrade it. For tips on how to find the file you want to upgrade, see How to find your file.|
|you have customised reports||You'll need to recreate them in the new software version. The good news is we've made customising reports easier. See Customising reports.|
|you can find the file you want to upgrade.||See Find the file you want to upgrade for tips.|
|title||Do I have to work online?|
You can work online or offline – it's your choice.
Upgrading online guarantees you get the most value from your subscription—many of AccountRight's time-saving features only work if your file's online.
Also, MYOB does the work to upgrade the file and put it online – you just need to send us the file and we'll let you know when it's ready to use.
If you upgradeonline, you still get to choose how you want to work day to day:
- work online, so you can collaborate with others, such as your colleagues or accountant—all while maintaining control over who sees what information and when. You're no longer tied to the office—you can work from home, at a café, or on the train.
- work offline (check out your file). You might do this if won't have access to the internet for a while. Or, you might simply prefer to work offline and go back online only when you want your accountant to access your file. AccountRight gives you that flexibility.
Switching between working online and offline is pretty easy:
But if you really can't or don't want to work online at all, you can upgrade your file without putting it online.
- don't want online access
- don't have an internet connection, or it's very slow
- don't have a subscription for an online file
- or if you operate on a network
you can upgrade the file without putting it online — but this does mean you won't have access to key features. You can still put your company file online at a later date if you change your mind.
AccountRight is protected by industry standard security–Two-factor authentication. 2FA improves your security by making it harder for unauthorised people to access your data.
To comply with PCI Data Security Standards , you'll only be able to view the last four digits of any credit card numbers in your upgraded file, and card expiry dates won't be retained .
Need to know what's different in the new AccountRight?
Try our free eLearning, Upgrading AccountRight made easy.
Also, check out What's new for v19 users.
Ready to upgrade?
You can send your company file to us and we'll do the upgrade for you.
See Upgrade to the new AccountRight.
After you've upgraded
After you open your upgraded company file, there may be a few more things you need to do, depending on the features you use. Head over to our Complete your upgrade tasks page for all the details.