|UI Text Box|
This information is only relevant for AccountRight v19 (or earlier) users moving to the new AccountRight. If you're already on the new AccountRight and need information about updating, see Getting the latest version.
You need an AccountRight subscription to upgrade
If you don't have a subscription, you'll need to take one out before you can upgrade. Subscribe now.
Before you upgrade
If you need more information about upgrading to the new AccountRight, see:
Upgrading new AccountRight versions? See Getting the latest version.
|UI Text Box|
Not sure what AccountRight version you're on?
Open AccountRight, go to the Help menu and choose About AccountRight .
Upgrading is generally pretty easy. You just need to download the new version, find your company file and send it to us–we'll do the rest to upgrade your file. Take a look at this overview:
<div class="wistia_responsive_padding" style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><div class="wistia_responsive_wrapper" style="height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;top:0;width:100%;"><iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/jnmh05zn3n?videoFoam=true" title="Wistia video player" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="100%" height="100%"></iframe></div></div>
<script src="//fast.wistia.net/assets/external/E-v1.js" async></script>
|title||1. Download and install AccountRight|
- Download the latest version (AccountRight subscription required). If you don't have an AccountRight subscription for an online company file, visit our MYOB website (Australia | New Zealand) to purchase one.
Click the installer file you've saved to your computer to install the new AccountRight version.
|title||2. Upgrade your company file|
MYOB can take the hassle out of upgrading—you can send your file to us and we'll put it online for you and let you know when it's ready to use.
Upgrades usually take a couple of hours (depending on your company file size), and you can't make changes to your file during this time, so you should do it outside of business hours.
- Start AccountRight (look for the new AR shortcut icon on your desktop or in the Start menu). The Welcome window appears.
- Click Upgrade a company file. The Upgrade Assistant appears.
- Click Continue and on the Company file page, click Browse to locate and select the file you want to upgrade.
Can't find your file? Try looking in your AccountRight v19 installation folder, like c:\Plus19 or c:\PremierClassic. Look for a file with a .myo or .prm extension. If you can only find a .MYOX file, it means it's already upgraded. Learn how to open a company file.
Still having trouble? Get help finding your company file.
- If the file you're upgrading is password-protected, type in the password and click Continue. If you're not sure of the Administrator password, try leaving it blank.
- Sign in to AccountRight with your MYOB account details and then click Upload.
- Once your file has uploaded, you can close AccountRight while we do the rest.
- We'll email you when the upgrade's complete, or if we come across any issues along the way.
|UI Text Box|
For information on how to open your file in your new software, see Open a company file.
|title||3. Complete post-upgrade tasks|
After you get your upgraded file back, there may be a few more things you need to do (depending on the features you want to use), such as migrating your personalised forms. Don’t stress though, you only need to do them once.
This video outlines what you need to do:
<p> </p><iframe width="560" height="315"
Don't forget, if you need any help along the way, feel free to contact us.
|UI Text Box|
Need help or more information? We have a free webinars to answer your questions about about upgrading. But note that sessions for these book out fast.
Check for available webinar sessions.
If you need more immediate assistance, call our support team on 1300 555 123.