AccountRight Plus and Premier (v2018.2 and later), Australia only
If you terminated an employee during the 2018-19 financial year before you started using Single Touch Payroll, you might need to prepare a payment summary. This depends on whether the employee’s final pay was an Employment Termination Payment (ETP) or not.
If the final pay:
- included an Employment Termination Payment (ETP), you won't be able to report this to the ATO through Single Touch Payroll. Instead, you'll need to provide them with a payment summary. See prepare payment summaries.
- didn't include an ETP, (for example, their final pay only included unused leave), you'll need to follow the steps below to report their payroll details.
|title||To finalise payroll for a previously terminated employee|
Follow the steps below to finalise payroll for a terminated employee whose final pay did not include an ETP.
If it included an ETP, you'll need to give them a payment summary instead.
|title||1. Reinstate the employee|
- Go to the Card File command centre and click Cards List.
- Click the Employee tab.
- Click the zoom arrow to open the employee's card.
- On the Profile tab, ensure the employee's details are current and the Inactive Card option is deselected.
- Click the Payroll Details tab.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Termination Date (to display the calendar) then click Clear. Alternatively, you can highlight the date and press Delete on your keyboard.
- Click through each of the tabs in the employee's card and ensure their details are up to date (Wages, Entitlements, Deductions, etc.). For more details see Enter employee payroll information.
- Process a pay for this employee and enter $0 in all the fields and record a $0 pay. When the $0 pay is reported via STP the YTD amount will be sent through as well.
|title||3. Finalise the employee|
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Reporting.
- Click Payroll Reporting Centre.
- Click the EOFY Finalisation tab.
- If you need to report fringe benefits for an employee (what is this?):
- Click the ellipsis Enter RFBA. button for the employee and choose
Enter in both the:
- Click Add amounts.
- Select each employee you want to finalise, then click Set as Final.
- Enter your name and click Send.
Each employee that has been finalised will have the Final indicator ticked.
|title||4. Terminate the employee|
Now that you've reported through STP you can enter the termination details in the employee card. See Enter termination details for more information.
<h2><i class="fa fa-comments"></i> FAQs</h2><br>
|title||What if I've terminated an employee before I started using AccountRight?|
What if I've terminated an employee before I started using AccountRight?
If you weren't using AccountRight when you terminated the employee, complete a manual payment summary for them using forms available from the ATO.