Pay the reimbursement
You're now ready to reimburse the employee. You can include it in their regular pay or do a stand-alone pay just for the reimbursement.
- Go to the Payroll menu and choose Create pay run.
- Choose the Pay cycle for the employee you're reimbursing.
- Choose the pay period and payment date, then click Next.
- Click the arrow to open the employee's pay.
- Enter the amount of the reimbursement against the pay item you created earlier.
- Finish processing the pay as normal. Need a refresher?
Is this a one-off reimbursement?
After paying the reimbursement, you can remove the pay item from the employee. This prevents the pay item showing in the employee's pay, but keeps the pay item for future use (if you need to reimburse an employee again, you can modify and assign the pay item to them).
To unlink the pay item from the employee
- Go to the Payroll menu and choose Employees.
- Click to open the employee's record.
- Click the Payroll details tab.
- Click the Salary and wages tab.
- Under Allocated wage pay items, click the delete icon to remove the reimbursement pay item.
- Click Save.