Not available in AccountRight Basics
If you want to order items to fulfil a sale, you can create a purchase order using sales quote or sales order details that you have recorded. Or, you can create a purchase order from scratch.
|title||To create a purchase order from a sale|
To create a purchase order from a sale
- Go to the Sales command centre and click Sales Register. The Sales Register window appears.
- Locate and select:
- a quote—click the Quotes tab and select the required quote
- an order—click the Orders tab and select the required order.
|UI Text Box|
If you want to change the layout of the quote or order, you need to do this before you create the purchase order.
- Click Create PO. The Purchases window appears with the new purchase order displayed. The items you entered for the sale automatically appear as line items on the purchase order.
- Select a supplier in the Supplier field. Note, if you have nominated a supplier for these items in the item setup, this supplier will appear by default.
- Enter the cost of the items in the Price column.
- Complete the purchase order as you normally would. For example, you may want to change the transaction date to today’s date, or add items to the order.
- Click Record. The new purchase order is created and the original sales quote or order remains in the Sales Register window.