AccountRight Plus and Premier, Australia only
This is task 4 of 7 for processing a final pay (see previous task or an overview of all tasks).
If you need to exclude termination payroll categories from super calculations, here's how to do it. If you're not sure if this applies to your termination payment, unsure about whether a payroll category should accrue super, check with the ATO or seek advice from your accountant or the ATO.
|UI Text Box|
In addition to super, you might also need to exclude ETP payroll categories from leave accruals. Speak to your accountant or the ATO if you're unsure what to do.
- Go to the Payroll command centre and click Payroll Categories. The Payroll Category List window appears.
- Click the Superannuation tab and select a superannuation payroll category that is linked to the employee’s pay.
- Click Edit. The Superannuation Information window appears.
- Click Exempt. The Superannuation Exemptions window appears. If the Exempt button is not active, it means the superannuation category is not set up with the calculation basis as percentage of Gross Hours.
- Click in the select column ( ) next to the termination payroll categories you want to exclude from the superannuation calculation.
- Click OK then OK again.
- Repeat from step 2 for each superannuation payroll category.
- Click OK to return to the Superannuation Information window.
- Proceed to the next task: Record the final termination pay.