To change a user's name or email address
After you've set up a user, you can't change the user name or email address. However, if they haven't entered any transactions, you can delete the user name and create a new user.
If the user has entered transactions, you'll need to make the user inactive and create a new user. This makes sure AccountRight keeps a history of all users for auditing reports .
- Sign-on to your company file as an administrator.
- Go to the Setup menu and choose User Access. The User Access window appears.
- In the user list, select the user whose name you want to change.
- Select Inactive User.
- Click Save. You don't need to make any changes to their online account.
Create a new user
- Click New User.
- Select the This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account option. This option allows them to open the file by just entering their MYOB account details (email address and password). They won't need to enter the User ID or company file password to open the file. If the user's email address has more than 35 characters, you can't link their MYOB account here (we're working on increasing this limit). However, the user can do so themselves when they sign on to the company file.
Set up company file sign-on details
- Type the user’s name in the User name field.
- Enter their email address in the Email field. This must be the email address that they use to log into their MYOB account. If they don't already have an MYOB account, they'll be invited to create one when you finish setting them up.
If you want to give the user online administrator access, select the Invite user to be an online administrator option.
Select user roles
- In the Company file roles list, select the roles you want to assign to this user account. For example, if you want to give the user access to all banking features, select the Banking role. If you want, you can customise roles to suit your business needs. You can disallow access to any feature and even set some as read-only. There's a lot that you can control, so it's worth taking a quick look through the default roles and changing them, if necessary.
- Click Save and Invite User. An email will be sent to the user's email address inviting them to access your online company file.