AccountRight Plus and Premier only
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gLyNuwIgC5Y?list=PLyNexh_9F_-PoEeFUKCirZ4K978k8tT2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You use the payroll feature to:
- process pays for your employees
- calculate superannuation amounts and make superannuation payments
- track employee entitlements (such as personal and annual leave)
- pay accrued payroll liabilities
- print pay slips and paycheques
- prepare payment summaries.
|UI Text Box|
|Do you need to do this task?|
If you want to process employee pays, track amounts you owe to the ATO and print payment summaries, you need to set up the payroll features.
Before you start using the payroll features, you need to:
- Load tax tables PAYG withholding taxes are amounts that are calculated and deducted from employee pays according to the rules established by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). In AccountRight, these calculation rules are stored in a tax table file that you need to load into your company file.
- Enter general payroll information Enter the current payroll year, number of hours in your normal working week, your Withholding Payer Number (if you have one) and the default superannuation fund for your employees.
- Review payroll categories The components of an employee’s pay, such as wages, superannuation, entitlements and taxes, are called payroll categories. These are assigned to an employee’s card to calculate their standard pay.
Review the details of each payroll category to make sure it matches the way you do business.
- Enter employee details Create a card record for each of your employees and enter details such as their addresses and payroll information.
- Enter pay history [Existing businesses only] If you have already paid the employee in the current payroll year, you should enter the amounts you have paid your employees. These amounts will be used on payment summaries and reports not derived from payroll activity (such as register reports). They are not recorded as transactions in your accounts.
You can use the Payroll Easy Setup Assistant to do these tasks. To access the Payroll Easy Setup Assistant, go to the Setup menu, choose Easy Setup Assistant and then click Payroll. For more information on creating payroll categories and entering employee payroll information, see Creating payroll categories and Entering employee payroll information.Optional payroll setup tasks
In addition to the Payroll Easy Setup Assistant tasks, you may also want to do the following tasks if they’re relevant to your business.
|Set up Pay Superannuation|
Sign up for Pay Superannuation to make super payments directly from AccountRight, meet your employee super obligations and always stay on top of government changes. It's free with your AccountRight subscription.
Set up Pay Superannuation
|Set up timesheets|
Use timesheets to record all the hours worked by hourly employees or to record extra hours worked by employees that are paid based on a standard pay. If you pay employees for time-billing activities, you can also enter activity details on timesheets and use these details to create activity slips.
|Set up payroll tax|
Calculate your state or territory payroll tax amounts using the payroll information in your AccountRight software.
Payroll tax reporting
Change the appearance of the default pay slip and paycheque forms.
Import employee information from:
- another company file
- another accounting system
- a spreadsheet
- a text file.
|Synchronise employee records with Outlook|
Synchronise your employee records with your contact records in Microsoft Outlook.
Synchronising cards with Microsoft Outlook
Use identifiers and custom lists to group the cards of employee who have similar attributes.
Grouping your contacts