Why is leave loading missing from my STP reports?
If you need to report leave loading through STP but it's not appearing in your STP reports, it's likely caused by the leave loading payroll category being incorrectly exempted from PAYG Withholding calculations.
But this is easy to fix.
- Go to Payroll > Pay items.
Click the ellipsis (...) for the leave loading pay item and choose Edit.
If the Tax field is set to Non-Taxable, change it to Taxable.
Next, record a zero dollar pay for your employees. A zero dollar pay is a like any other pay for the employee, but without any hours or amounts. When the pay is reported to the ATO, the employee's updated details will also be sent.
- Start a pay run as normal. Need a refresher?
- Choose 30 June as the Pay on date.
- Select the employee whose details you've updated then click Start pay run.
- Open the employee's pay and remove all hours and amounts. The pay totals should all be 0.00.
- Continue processing the pay as normal, including reporting it to the ATO via STP. Need a refresher?
- Repeat from step 1 for any other employees you need to update.