The following error can occur when trying to print reports or pay slips:
The most common cause of this error is if you've added an employee with a pay frequency of ‘Variably’. To fix the error you'll need to change the employee's pay frequency.
If your scenario is different or this solution doesn't work for you, the error is likely caused by missing fonts on your computer.
- Go to the Maintenance command centre and click Maintain Employees.
- Select the relevant employee.
- Click the Employment Details tab.
- For the Pay Frequency, choose your payroll’s usual pay frequency (anything other than Variably). Here's our example:
- Click Close.
If the error persists
If the above solution hasn't fixed the error, it could mean there are some fonts missing from your computer.
Complete these steps to install the missing fonts.
- Right-click this link and choose to save the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded file to open it. Inside the window you will see a Fonts folder.
- Click the Fonts folder and drag it to your Desktop.
- Double-click the Fonts folder now on your Desktop.
- Either press Control and A together on your keyboard or go to the Organize menu and choose Select All to select all fonts in the folder.
Right-click the selected files and choose Install. Select Yes when asked if you want to overwrite any fonts that currently exist. This will ensure all the required fonts are installed.
Restart your computer.
The required fonts will now be successfully installed and your reports will print correctly. If the error still occurs it may mean that your printer does not have the latest printer drivers installed. In this case you will need to download and install the latest printer drivers for your printer from the internet.