How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
If you're upgrading from AccountRight 2011 or later, these steps aren't for you – check out 'Getting the latest version' instead.
AccountRight has been rebuilt from the ground up to make it work online.
You can connect to your bank to improve data entry and accuracy, put your file in the cloud and work anywhere with anyone, hook up your data to a range of powerful add-ons, and enter invoices and take payments online. And that's just the beginning.
While the new AccountRight looks familiar, it offers you better ways to work. Our interactive tool (on the right) will give you the lowdown.
Before you upgrade your company file
- check our list of things to know before upgrading, and complete any tasks you need to.
- don't use features that aren't yet available in the new AccountRight (we don't recommend upgrading if you do):
- M-Powered Payments
- multi-currency, negative inventory or multi-location stock tracking (MYOB Premier)
- add-ons that use ODBC, but aren't available for the new AccountRight. Check if your add-ons are available.
You're now ready to upgrade your file to the new AccountRight!
Let's do it
It's time to upgrade your file. We'll even put it online for you at the same time. If you don't want your file online, you can choose to upgrade the file without putting it online.
The upgrade will usually take a couple of hours (depending on your company file size), and you can't make changes to your file during this time, so you might want to do it outside of business hours.
- Start AccountRight (look for the new AR shortcut icon on your desktop or in the Start menu).
- When the Welcome window appears, click Upgrade a company file.
Click Continue and then click Browse to locate and select the file you want to upgrade.
If the file you're upgrading is password-protected, type in the password and click Continue.
- Log in to AccountRight Live with your my.MYOB account details and then click Upload.
Once your file has uploaded, you can close AccountRight while we do the rest.
- We'll get in touch when the upgrade's complete, or if we come across any issues along the way.