How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
Use this option to set up LiveAccounts for a client’s business. You can later hand over ownership of the LiveAccounts business for the client to manage.
To add a LiveAccounts business on behalf of a client x
- On the Partner Dashboard, click Add a new business. The panel changes to a form in which you can add the business.
- Enter the name of the business you’re adding in the Business Name field.
- Select the chart of accounts you want to use for this business, based either on what the business does, or using one of your existing businesses as a template. For example, if the business is a retail store, you might choose the ‘I sell products’ chart of accounts.
If you choose a chart of accounts based on what the business does, the accounts created will include the standard accounts that are usually required for this type of business. You’ll still be able to add and remove accounts later if required.
- If you participate in the rewards program, enter your MYOB client ID or serial number.
- If you want to access this business immediately, select the Open this business now option.
- Click Add Business.
- If you selected the option at step 5, the business will open automatically in a new window. You can proceed to set up the business by adding opening balances and adding or removing any accounts as necessary.
When you’re finished, click Log out at the top of the page, and close the browser window.
- Return to the MYOB LiveAccounts Admin Centre Homepage and, if necessary, continue working with your own file.
When you’re finished, you’ll need to log out separately from this window.
To transfer ownership of a business you have added x
- On the MYOB LiveAccounts Admin Centre Homepage, click the transfer ownership icon ( ) next to the business name. A confirmation message appears.
- Click OK. The Transfer Ownership panel will appear.
- Enter the user’s first name, last name and email address.
- Click Submit. A confirmation message appears.
- Click OK. An email will be sent to the user’s email address, informing them of the transfer.
The business’s details will remain in the Unaccepted Invitations until they accept, or you delete the entry.