You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
AccountRight Plus and Premier, Australia only.
For New Zealand information, see Integrate MYOB Payroll.
You use the payroll feature to:
- process pays for your employees
- calculate superannuation amounts and make superannuation payments
- track employee entitlements (such as personal and annual leave)
- pay accrued payroll liabilities
- print pay slips and paycheques
- prepare payment summaries.
How to get started
For an overview of how to get started with the payroll features in AccountRight, watch this video:
Before you start using the payroll features, you need to:
- Load tax tables PAYG withholding taxes are amounts that are calculated and deducted from employee pays according to the rules established by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). In AccountRight, these calculation rules are stored in a tax table file that you need to load into your company file.
- Enter general payroll information Enter the current payroll year, number of hours in your normal working week, your Withholding Payer Number (if you have one) and the default superannuation fund for your employees in the General Payroll Information window, accessible from the Setup menu.
- Review payroll categories The components of an employee’s pay, such as wages, superannuation, entitlements and taxes, are called payroll categories. These are assigned to an employee’s card to calculate their standard pay.
Review the details of each payroll category to make sure it matches the way you do business.
- Enter employee details Create a card record for each of your employees and enter details such as their addresses and payroll information.
- Enter pay history If you have already paid the employee in the current payroll year, you should enter the amounts you have paid your employees. These amounts will be used on payment summaries and some reports. They are not recorded as transactions in your accounts. See Setting up for information about entering your employees' carry-over leave balances and pay history.
You can use the Payroll Easy Setup Assistant to do these tasks. To access the Payroll Easy Setup Assistant, go to the Setup menu, choose Easy Setup Assistant and then click Payroll.
Optional payroll setup tasks
You may also want to do the following tasks if they're relevant to your business.
|Set up Pay Super|
Sign up for Pay Super to make super payments directly from AccountRight, meet your employee super obligations and always stay on top of government changes. It's free with your AccountRight subscription.
|Set up timesheets|
Use timesheets to record all the hours worked by hourly employees or to record extra hours worked by employees that are paid based on a standard pay. If you pay employees for time-billing activities, you can also enter activity details on timesheets and use these details to create activity slips.
|Set up payroll tax|
Calculate your state or territory payroll tax amounts using the payroll information in your AccountRight software.
Change the appearance of the default pay slip and paycheque forms. You can set up different pay slip forms for different employees and select the applicable form (using Advanced Filters) when printing or emailing pay slips.
Import employee information from:
|Synchronise employee records with Outlook|
Synchronise your employee records with your contact records in Microsoft Outlook.
Use identifiers and custom lists to group the cards of employee who have similar attributes.