You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
Creating a business on behalf of a client is an easy way to get your client setup on MYOB Essentials. You can later hand over ownership of the MYOB Essentials business for the client to manage.
To create a business
- On the Partner Dashboard, click Create a business. The panel changes to a form in which you can add the business.
- Enter the name of the business you’re adding in the Business Name field.
- Select the chart of accounts you want to use for this business, based either on what the business does, or using one of your existing businesses as a template. For example, if the business is a retail store, you might choose the ‘I sell products’ chart of accounts.
If you choose a chart of accounts based on what the business does, the accounts created will include the standard accounts that are usually required for this type of business. You’ll still be able to add and remove accounts later if required.
- If you participate in the rewards program, enter your MYOB client ID or serial number.
- Click Create.
The business appears in your business list, and can be accessed by clicking the business name.
- If necessary, return to the MYOB Essentials Partner Dashboard and continue working with your own file.
To transfer ownership of a business you created
Within 90 days of creating a business, you'll need to transfer its ownership to the business owner or the business will be suspended.
- On the MYOB Essentials Partner Dashboard, click Transfer ownership in the Status column. A confirmation message appears.
- Click OK. The Transfer Ownership panel will appear.
- Enter the user’s first name, last name and email address.
- Click Submit. A confirmation message appears.
- Click OK. An email will be sent to the user’s email address, informing them of the transfer and providing a link to log in. The Status will change to Resend transfer until they accept, or you delete the entry.
Your client will then be ready to Get started with MYOB Essentials.