You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
You can create a recurring transaction in a transaction window, or copy an existing recurring transaction to create a new one. Later on, you can change details of a recurring transaction, or delete one if it is no longer used.
When you create a recurring transaction, you can select how often you want the transaction to be recorded, and for how long you want to schedule it. For example, you can schedule your car payments monthly, for the next 22 months.
- Enter the transaction details in a transaction window—such as the Sales window—if you make regular sales to a customer.
- Click Save as Recurring (instead of clicking Record). The Recurring Schedule Information window appears.
- In the Recurring Transaction Name field, type a name to identify the transaction. Schedule the transaction
From the Frequency list select the transaction frequency.
Recurring transaction reports
If you specify the frequency and a reminder date for the transaction, you can use the Recurring Transactions reports to keep track of the transactions you need to enter.
In the Starting on field type the date on which the transaction is first due.
Pre-dated recurring transactions
You can save a recurring transaction with a start date prior to the system date, provided the date entered is within the current financial year and is not in a locked period.
Indicate how long you want the recurring transaction to continue.
If you want to... Then... schedule the transaction for an unlimited period Select Continue indefinitely . schedule the transaction until a set date Select Continue until this date and type the date in the adjacent field. schedule the transaction for a set number of times Select Perform this # of times and type the number of times in the adjacent field.
Specify an alert option
In the Alerts section of the window, you can set a reminder to record the transaction, or set for an automatic recording of the transaction and receiving a notification when the transaction is recorded.
Pre-dated recurring transactions cannot be recorded automatically
If you entered a pre-dated recurring transaction and you set a reminder date, the transaction will display as overdue on the To Do List. Pre-dated recurring transactions cannot be set to be recorded automatically.
If you want to... Then... set a reminder
- Click Remind.
- Select a reminder option from the to record this transaction list.
- If you selected No. days in advance, type the number of days in the adjacent field.
- Select the user who needs to be reminded from the list adjacent to the option.
- Continue with step 7.
automatically record the transaction
- Click Automatically record this transaction when due and notify.
- Select the user who needs to be notified from the list adjacent to the option.
Select the transaction ID
- In the Transaction section, select how you want the transaction ID number to be created:
- if you want the transaction ID number to be one greater than the previous transaction ID, click Use the next sequential number as the [...] No..
- if you want to use a specific transaction ID, click Use the following as the [...] No., then type the transaction ID in the adjacent field.
- If you want to save your changes to the recurring transaction each time it is recorded, select the Save my changes when I record this recurring transaction option.
- Click OK. The transaction window appears.
- Click Record to record the transaction showing or click Cancel to close the transaction window. The new recurring transaction now appears in the Recurring Transactions List window.
You can create a recurring transaction by copying an existing recurring transaction entry, then customising the details for the new one.
- Go to the Lists menu and choose Recurring Transactions. The Recurring Transactions List window appears.
- Select the recurring transaction you want to copy and click Create Copy. The Create Copy window appears.
- In the Card field, click the search button ( ). The Select from List window appears listing only card types relevant to the type of recurring transaction you are copying. For example, a sales transaction can only be applied to your customer cards.
- Select the cards you want to create a copy for:
- if you want to select all the cards, click the icon above the select column ( )
- if you only want to select some cards, click in the select column next to each required card.
- Click OK when you’ve finished selecting from the list. The Create Copy window appears.
If you selected... Then... One card
The transaction window for the new recurring transaction appears. You can edit the transaction details if required.
Click Save. The Recurring Transactions List window appears.
More than one card The Recurring Transactions List window lists all your recurring transactions. Each new transaction has a unique name—the original name suffixed by the name of the relevant card.
- If you need to change the schedule details or the name of a new recurring transaction:
- Select the recurring transaction.
- Click Edit Schedule. The Recurring Schedule Information window appears.
- Make your changes and click OK.
- Click Close.