How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
To publish a document to a client portal, you need to upload it to MYOB Practice. This can be done in several ways, depending on what software you have installed.
If the file you want to publish:
- was added to MYOB AO/AE Document Manager: You can publish a document from Document Manager if its status is Completed or Approved.
- is in the client document folder in MYOB AE/AO: If you use MYOB AO/AE but don't have Document Manager, you can publish documents that are accessible from the Documents tab of the client record.
- is saved in a folder on your PC: You can create a task in MYOB Practice and attach the document to the task by selecting the folder location on your PC. This is your only option if you don’t use MYOB AO/AE.
If you use MYOB AO/AE you can also use the Share It feature to publish a document to a client portal. You’ll find it:
on the toolbar of any print preview window of MYOB Tax, Corporate Compliance and Statutory Reporter
in the Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook ribbon
In Windows Explorer (right-click a file and choose Send to > MYOB Share It).
Disable Share It auto prompts
When using Share It, you may not want to be constantly prompted with the following message to publish your Document Manager files:
The document has been saved into Document Manager.
Do you also want to publish it to the client portal?
You can disable Share It auto prompts if you don't want to be asked to share a document each time you add one to MYOB AE/AO.
To disable this default prompt, you'll need to add/edit a configuration key in your desktop MYOB AE or MYOB AO.
- Log into your desktop MYOB AE or MYOB AO.
- Select Maintenance > Maintenance Map > User defined > Configuration. The Maintenance - Configuration page displays.
Enter the following information in the first blank row at the top of the table:
Key Name HidePortalShareItPrompt Key Value 1 Comment Disable auto prompts to publish to the portal
- Press Enter.
- Click OK. Your changes are saved and the Maintenance - Configuration page closes.
Restart MYOB AE / AO.
If you ever want to enable the Share It prompts in the future, simply edit this configuration key so that the Key Value is 0 (zero).