Accountants Enterprise with Practice Manager only
The following applies only to practices which have elected to use both jobs and schedules.
You can add, edit and delete schedules for a client using the Job Sheet homepage.
The rule for deciding if a schedule or a job is added to an assignment is:
If a schedule template is added to an assignment template, a schedule is created and added to the assignment using the schedule template details.
If no schedule template is associated with an assignment template, a job is created and added to the assignment.
You can add more than one Job Sheet homepage to your homepages. Use the Jobs Filter option (see Sorting, grouping and filtering jobs or schedules) on the homepage to amend the information displayed.
Adding job and schedule details is a two step process:
- Select Jobs on the toolbar. The Job Manager page opens.
Click Click here to add a new job on the first line. The Add Assignment wizard opens. A list of assignment templates that have been created in the system are displayed. You can use these templates to add assignments to the client.
The Job field on Step 1 — Create Assignment for Client contains the default name for the schedule. Schedule names must be unique.
Changing the schedule name in the Job field by typing over the default year on Step 1 — Create Assignment for Client only flows through to Step 2 — Job/Schedule Details if the change is made before you select the template name. If the template name is selected before you change the schedule name on Step 1 — Create Assignment for Client, the schedule name can only be overwritten in Step 2 — Job/Schedule Details.
- Select the assignment and schedule templates from the list in the table.
- Click the checkboxes adjacent to the template name to add assignments and schedules to the client. New tabs are added for each template selected. These tabs contain the basic information that needs to be captured for a schedule being added to the client.
- Click Next to go to the Job/Schedule Details tab.
- Enter the Description for the schedule name. This field will default with the current year or the value from the Job field in Step 1 — Create Assignment for Client.
- Enter the Start Date of the schedule in the format dd/mm/yyyy or select it from the drop-down calendar.
Enter the End Date of the schedule in the format dd/mm/yyyy or select it from the drop-down calendar.
You cannot update the Stages details on this window. The details are obtained from the schedule template. You may change the details once the schedule has been added to the assignment. The Assignment Responsibility is derived from the assignment template. If no data has been provided on the assignment template, the information is derived from the client.
- Click Finish when you are satisfied with the information supplied. The Client page > Assignments tab displays the newly-created assignments and schedules attached to them.