Complete the egc worksheet if you've received more than two PAYG payment summaries (Individual).
To open the egc worksheet:
- Press Enter in the (Press enter for details) box at item 1: Salary or wages—Label G
- Click label G
- Select Worksheets on the Navigation Pane and click Additional PAYG Payment Summary
- Select Preparation > Schedule > egc Additional PAYG Payment summary.
We'll add up the tax deductions and salary amounts and filter the result through to label G. See Additional payment summaries egc example below:
What do I need to complete the worksheet?
- Paper or electronic copies of Individual PAYG payment summaries, see Payment summary schedule (PS) and
- Foreign payment summaries received by your client from their employer.
Or you can use the ATO Pre-fill to download reports and check what the ATO has received from the employer. See Pre-fill Manager.
Pre-fill Manager functionality allows you to download reports via the Practitioner Lodgment Service (PLS). The reports contain data to pre-fill your individual clients' tax returns. These reports are available in PDF format. See Pre-fill Manager.
Also see Pre-fill availability on the ATO website for more information.
The sum of all entries for:
- Item 2: Allowances, earnings, tips, director’s fees etc., label K
- Item 3: Employer Lump sum payments:
- Amount A in lump sum payments box, label R
- 5% of amount B in lump sum payments box, label H
- Total Reportable fringe benefits; the sum of:
- Item IT1: Employers exempt from FBT under section 57A of the FBTAA 1986, label N.
- Item IT1: Employers not exempt from FBT under section 57A of the FBTAA 1986, label W.
- Item IT2: Reportable employer superannuation contributions, label T.
On screen additional information is provided in relation to:
- Paid parental leave (PPL)
- Foreign payment summaries
- Working holiday makers.
The ATO provides 5 sets of labels for PAYG payment summaries.
During data entry, the full details for the first two payment summaries are visible. These are at Item 1: Salary or wages—Labels C and D.
Full details of every payment summary you've entered at Item 1 or in the egc get lodged via PLS.
The printed copy:
- displays the first four payment summaries at labels C, D, E and F
- adds together the amounts of any other entries and include the amount at label G
- displays the wording Refer attached schedule in the Employer name field.
2-133 Means tested family assistance (PPL)
21-033 Working holiday makers
35-055 Reporting of benefits on payment summaries
39-030 Employees "exempt" from SG (PPL)
42-018 Working holiday makers rates