You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
- Open the workpapers period. See Opening an existing period. The Prepare Trial Balance (Workpapers) table is displayed.
- Select the detail or header account in the table.orSelect the checkbox in the first column for the selected account.Document Manager files can be attached to both detail and header accounts.
Click Link document on the TASKS bar.
Another way of linking Document Manager files is to select the account in the table, right-click and select Link document.
The Link Document window opens.
- Ensure that the correct account is displayed in the Account field.
- Click Search. The Search for a document window opens.
- When the Search for a document window displays, a default search is carried out, showing documents sorted in order of last reference.
The number of records retrieved in this initial search is limited to 10. To retrieve all search results, click Search.
If you wish to refine the search, continue to the next step; otherwise, go to Step 10.
- By default, the Current option is selected in Search Contacts. Only documents for the client for whom the workpapers period is being completed will be searched. If required, you can select the All option and click the ellipse button to select a new client.
- Enter criteria into the Search Criteria fields to refine the search. Searches can be based on:
To display all documents for the selected client leave the search criteria blank and click Search.Documents that match the search criteria are displayed in the table. The total number of documents returned by the search is displayed at the top of the table.
- Title and Author—enter the title of the document on the Title field and / or select the author on the Author drop-down.
- Reference no—select the Reference no option and enter the document reference number on the text field.
- Display related entity documents—displays all the documents for any of the clients/contacts listed on the Associated tab for the current contact/client and for the parent, children and siblings from the Billing Group tab. If this option is selected all the documents for clients/contacts in the same family group as the currently selected client/contact are displayed.
- To sort or filter the search results:
- Click any column heading to sort the results alphabetically or numerically.
- Use the first row in the table to filter the search results. In any of the Reference No, Client, Document Title and Author fields click the drop-down and select the value to filter on from the drop-down.The criteria on which to filter the search results can also be entered. Enter the value you wish to use as a filter into any of the Reference No, Client, Document Title or Author fields and press [Enter].Use wildcards for advanced filtering. For example, to filter the results to view only those documents starting with C, enter C and an asterisk (*) into the Document Title field and press [Enter].Click to clear the search filter.
- Find the document to be linked to the account in the table.
- Click the file checkbox. Click multiple checkboxes to link multiple documents.
- Click OK. The Search for a document window closes.
- Ensure that the correct file name is displayed in the Name field. If multiple files are being linked then the file names are separated by a semi-colon (;).
Click Link. The Document Manager file is linked to the selected account. The Document Manager file is displayed as a sub-row under the account in the table. An icon identifies a linked document.
If there already linked documents with the same name in the workpaper, you will be prompted to add a suffix to the names of the added documents. Click OK to add these documents with a suffix, or click Cancel to return to the window.
If you are adding multiple documents with similar names, you will be prompted to change these file names manually and try again.
For instructions on opening and viewing Document Manager files, see Opening source documents for more information.