You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
We've put together all you need to know about moving to the new AccountRight.
- moving from AccountRight v19 (or earlier) to AccountRight 2018, this information is for you
- updating AccountRight 2011 or later, check out 'Getting the latest version' instead.
Not sure what AccountRight version you're on? To check your version, open AccountRight, go to the Help menu and choose About AccountRight.
Do you want:
- to upgrade now? See Upgrade AccountRight, below.
- more information? See Things you should know before upgrading.
Upgrading is generally pretty easy. You just need to download the new version, find your company file and send it to us–we'll do the rest to upgrade your file. Watch this video:
- Download the latest version (AccountRight subscription required). If you don't have an AccountRight subscription for an online company file, visit our MYOB website (Australia | New Zealand) to purchase one.
- Click the installer file you've saved to your computer to install the new AccountRight version. For more information about installing AccountRight, see Install AccountRight.
MYOB can take the hassle out of upgrading—you can send your file to us and we'll put it online for you and let you know when it's ready to use.
Upgrades usually take a couple of hours (depending on your company file size), and you can't make changes to your file during this time, so you should do it outside of business hours.
don't have an internet connection
or don't have a subscription for an online file
or operate on a network
- Start AccountRight (look for the new AR shortcut icon on your desktop or in the Start menu). The Welcome window appears.
- Click Upgrade a company file. The Upgrade Assistant appears.
- Click Continue and on the Company file page, click Browse to locate and select the file you want to upgrade.
Can't find your file? Try looking in your AccountRight v19 installation folder, like c:\Plus19 or c:\PremierClassic. Look for a file with a .myo or .prm extension. If you can only find a .MYOX file, it means it's already upgraded. Learn how to open a company file.
Still having trouble? Get help finding your company file.
- If the file you're upgrading is password-protected, type in the password and click Continue.
- Sign in to AccountRight with your MYOB account details and then click Upload.
- Once your file has uploaded, you can close AccountRight while we do the rest.
- We'll email you when the upgrade's complete, or if we come across any issues along the way.
For information on how to open your file in your new software, see Open a company file.