You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
- You need to be on an AccountRight subscription to upgrade
- Some features that were in Classic AccountRight aren't yet available in the new AccountRight, so check that you can upgrade
- You can work online or offline – it's your choice
You need an AccountRight subscription to upgrade
If you don't have a subscription, you'll need to take one out before you can upgrade. Subscribe now.
If you're already subscribing and want to know how many files you can put online, see here.
Check if you can upgrade
If you use the following Classic AccountRight features, you won't be able to upgrade from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier) just yet because these features aren't available in the new AccountRight:
multi-currency (we're working on this now - learn more about the multi-currency beta program)
negative inventory or multi-location stock tracking
add-ons that require ODBC. Are your add-ons compatible? Check here, or contact the add-on provider to check if the add-on can work with the new AccountRight.
MYOB is working on building out features like multi-currency in the new AccountRight. We'll let you know when they're available so you can move.
For more information, see We can't upgrade some Premier files.
Can't upgrade and need to be compliant for Single Touch Payroll (STP)? Don't worry, we've got your back. We've worked with the ATO and you've been granted a deferral from STP reporting until 31/5/2019.
If you can upgrade here's some things to check first
|Check if||More information|
|your computer can run the new AccountRight|
Check the full system requirements.
|check the size of your file||If your file is 100MB or more in size, you should prepare your company file for the new AccountRight . This can help the upgrade complete faster and smoother.|
|the file you want to upgrade is located in a C:\Program Files subfolder||You’ll need to log on to your computer as an administrator before you can upgrade it. For tips on how to find the file you want to upgrade, see How to find your file.|
|you have customised reports||You'll need to recreate them in the new software version. The good news is we've made customising reports easier. See Customising reports.|
|you can find the file you want to upgrade.||See Find the file you want to upgrade for tips.|
If you upgrade online, you still get to choose how you work day to day. You can:
- work online, so you can collaborate with others, such as your colleagues or accountant. You no longer have to send your file to your accountant – they can just log on and make adjustments or run reports without interrupting you.
- work offline (check out your file). You might do this if won't have access to the internet for a while. Or, you might prefer to work offline and go back online only when you want your accountant to access your file. AccountRight gives you that flexibility.
Switching between working online and offline is pretty easy:
But if you really can't or don't want to work online at all, you can upgrade your file without putting it online.
- don't want online access
- don't have an internet connection, or it's very slow
- don't have a subscription for an online file
- or if you operate on a network
Need to know what's different in the new AccountRight?
- We have a free webinars to answer your questions about about upgrading. Note that sessions for these book out fast – check for available sessions.
- Try our free eLearning, Upgrading AccountRight made easy.
- Check out the What's new for v19 users help topic.
Ready to upgrade?
You can send your company file to us and we'll do the upgrade for you.