Article ID: 31940331
ARTICLE LAST UPDATED: 30 November 2018 11:11 AM
When generating a report or schedule within a Client Accounting - Assets period, you may encounter the error "Unable to download. The file could not be written to the cache".
When downloading files, Internet Explorer must create a cache or temporary file. If the option Do not save encrypted pages to disk is selected in your Internet Explorer settings, a cache file is not created and therefore the download fails.
Client Accounting uses Internet Explorer to retrieve data for the assets report. This means if you're using a different default web browser (e.g. Google Chrome or FireFox), you'll still need to perform the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Open Internet Explorer on the affected PC.
- Click the Settings () icon located on the top-right of the screen and choose Internet Options. The Internet Options window appears.
- Click the Advanced tab and scroll down until you see the Security settings.
- Deselect Do not save encrypted pages to disk.
- Click Apply, then click OK to close the window.
- Restart the PC for the changes to take affect.
If you continue to experience the issue and you use a proxy server, ensure you have configured your Proxy Server to work with MYOB AE/AO.
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
If you continue to experience the error after de-selecting this option:
- Untick the setting "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"
- Save the settings then restart the computer
- Re-tick the setting "Do not save encrypted pages to disk"
- Save the settings and restart the computer
- Uncheck the option again (This is the actual setting it should be)
- Restart the computer again.