You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Master Paragraphs are used in billing to add pre-defined text to a bill. The Master Paragraphs window is used to view and select the master paragraphs available for use when you are raising a bill for a client. The Master Paragraphs window is accessed from Bill Paragraphs window > Paragraphs.
Like bill templates, these masters are configured by your system administrator using Maintenance > Maintenance Map (AO) > Documents > Master Paragraphs. Master paragraphs are used to customise bills to suit different client and practice requirements. Most practices develop their own library of master paragraphs to suit their billing requirements.
Master paragraphs are grouped into Types which can contain a number of related paragraphs. For example, you may have a group of paragraphs under a Type heading of Tax and others that all relate to consultancy work under their own type.
Expand the types by clicking to view the paragraphs below.
You can also attach paragraphs to specific assignments (AE) / jobs (AO) so that when a bill is created for that assignment/job, all bill content can be added in one step.
Use the drag and drop method to add master paragraphs to a bill quickly and easily. You can:
drag and drop a single master paragraph onto the page. The paragraph will be added as a new paragraph.
make multiple selections by holding down [Ctrl] while clicking the required paragraphs. Each selected paragraph is added as a new paragraph.
add the content of one or more master paragraphs to an existing paragraph in the draft bill text (without overwriting) by holding [Shift] while you drag them to the draft bill.
To add new master paragraphs using the Maintenance menu you need superuser access rights in the system. See your system administrator if you require this access.
Perform the following steps in PM.
- Follow the menu path: Maintenance > Maintenance Map > Documents > Master Paragraphs. The Master Paragraphs window appears.
- To add a new paragraph, type in the new Paragraph Name in the blank line field and press Enter. The new paragraph is created.
- Locate the new paragraph created in the list (located at the end of the list) and highlight the new paragraph. The new paragraph is highlighted.
- Enter (or copy) the master paragraph text into the blank text area at the end of the screen. Master paragraph text is entered.
- Highlight the text entered and select the practice default font. For example Arial 10. The practice default font is updated.
Click OK.If you have copied text from another program, for example Word and the text contains an apostrophe, you must delete and re key the apostrophe. To do this backspace it out and re-enter it. If this is not done it may not be possible to add the paragraph to a bill in stage 3 of billing.