You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
- You need to be on an AccountRight subscription to upgrade
- Need help finding the file to be upgraded? See Find the file you want to upgrade
- Some features that were in Classic AccountRight aren't yet available in the new AccountRight, so check that you can upgrade
- You can work online or offline – it's your choice
You need an AccountRight subscription to upgrade
If you don't have a subscription, you'll need to take one out before you can upgrade. Subscribe now.
If you're already subscribing and want to know how many files you can put online, see here.
Check if you can upgrade
If you use the following Classic AccountRight features, you won't be able to upgrade from AccountRight Classic (v19 or earlier) just yet because these features aren't available in the new AccountRight:
add-ons that require ODBC. Are your add-ons compatible? Check here or contact the add-on provider to check if the add-on can work with the new AccountRight.
For more information, see We can't upgrade some Premier files.
Can't upgrade and need to be compliant for Single Touch Payroll (STP)? If you can't upgrade because you use M-Powered Payments or negative inventory, we've worked with the ATO and you've been granted a deferral from STP reporting until 30 September 2019.
If you can upgrade here's some things to check first
|Check if||More information|
|your computer can run the new AccountRight|
Check the full system requirements.
|the size of your file is 300MB or more||If your file is 300MB or more in size, you should prepare your company file for the new AccountRight . This can help the upgrade complete faster and smoother.|
|the file you want to upgrade is located in a C:\Program Files subfolder||You’ll need to log on to your computer as an administrator before you can upgrade it. For tips on how to find the file you want to upgrade, see How to find your file.|
|you have customised reports||You'll need to recreate them in the new software version. The good news is we've made customising reports easier. See Customising reports.|
|you can find the file you want to upgrade.||See Find the file you want to upgrade for tips.|
If you upgrade online, you still get to choose how you work day to day. You can either:
- work online, so you can work with others on your company file. For example, your accountant can log on and run reports without interrupting your work.
- work offline (check out your file) so you can keep working if you won't have access to the internet for a while. Or, you might prefer to work offline and go back online only when you want your accountant to access your file. AccountRight gives you that flexibility.
Switching between working online and offline is pretty easy:
But if you really can't or don't want to work online at all, you can upgrade your file without putting it online.
- don't want online access
- don't have an internet connection, or it's very slow
- don't have a subscription for an online file
- or if you operate on a network
Need to know what's different in the new AccountRight?
- We have webinars to answer your questions about about upgrading, but these sessions book out fast – check for available sessions.
- Try our eLearning, Upgrading AccountRight made easy.
- Have a play with the AccountRight sample company file.
- Check out the What's new for v19 users help topic.
Ready to upgrade?
You can send your company file to us and we'll do the upgrade for you.