You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
New Zealand only
If you're a New Zealand business who's signed up for an MYOB Atlas site, each business is entitled to a free .co.nz domain name for one year.
You can also purchase any number of domain names and link them to your website if you need them. For information about domain names and domain name variants, see About domain names (web addresses) and extensions. Or, for help with choosing a domain name, see Choosing a domain name.
To register your free .co.nz domain name
- From the Things to do... toolbar, click Get free domain name.
- Enter your mobile phone number in the box and click Send. This will send a 6-digit code to your mobile phone. This might take up to 1 minute to arrive.
- Enter the 6-digit code into your MYOB Atlas website.
- Click Next to claim your free domain.
- Enter the domain name you'd like to claim and press Go. This will search the Domain Name Commission registry to see if the domain name is available to be claimed.
If the domain name you want to claim is unavailable you'll see the following message:
If you see this message you'll need to choose a different domain name.
- On the Registrant contact information screen, check that all information is correct and accurate. This information will be publicly available on the Domain Name Commission registry website.
- Click Claim free domain name.
Once you've submitted your claim, it can take a few hours for the domain name to become active. Once it's active, your .co.nz domain name will become your website's primary domain name. This means that you and your visitors can use this new web address to access your website.
- Click My account in the Settings toolbar.
- Click Manage domain names in the Domain names section.
- On the My domain names page, check the status next to the domain name in the Domain names purchased through MYOB section. If it shows Pending registration, the registration is still being processed.
What is a domain name registrar?
Your domain name registrar is the company who you registered your domain name through. They're responsible for several different services including updating your details and renewing your domain name when it expires.
How long does it take to register a domain name?
It can take up to 24 hours for a domain name to be registered. After this time, you'll be able to use it to access your MYOB Atlas website.
See above for how to check the status of your registration request.
Do I own my domain names?
Any domain name that you register through MYOB Atlas, regardless of whether it’s the free domain you have claimed or a paid domain, is yours for the duration of the licence of that domain.
For .co.nz domain names this is a 12-month period.
Where can I find my domain name's expiry date?
You can find out when your domain is due to expire by going to the Site settings menu and choosing My Domain Names. Under Domain names purchased through MYOB will be a list of all your domains and expiry dates.
How do I change the registrant contact information for my domain name?
The registrant contact information for your domain name is the information that your domain name registrar (the company who you registered your domain name through) uses to contact you, the registrant. If your domain name is registered with MYOB Atlas, your registrant contact information, including your registrant email address, will be the same as the contact information for your MYOB Atlas account (that is, the contact information MYOB Atlas uses for all communications with you).
To update this contact information, click My account on the Site settings menu, then click Update my details (under the Website information section). This will update both your registrant contact information for any domain names registered with MYOB Atlas, and the contact information for your MYOB Atlas account.