You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
You can incorporate customised forms created in a company file into other company files. The process used to share customised forms in this way is called exporting and importing customised forms.
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Export Customised Forms. The Export Customised Forms assistant appears.
- Click Browse and select the folder you want to export customised forms to.
- Select the form types you want to export.
- Click Next. The Select forms to export step of the Export Customised Forms assistant appears.
- Select the type of customised forms you want to export. To do this, click on the first form type you want to export in the Available Items column and then click Add. The form will appear in the Selected Items column. If you want to export all available form types, click Add All.
- Click Export. The export process begins.
- When the export process finishes, the Conclusion step of the assistant appears showing the results of the export process, such as the number of forms exported and the number not exported.
You can open the folder that you've exported your customised forms to by clicking a link to that folder. You can also view more information about the export results by clicking the link to the export log file.
- Click Finish to close the Export Customised Forms assistant.
If you’ve upgraded from AccountRight v19 and want to import your forms, use the Migrate Forms feature, accessible from the File menu, instead of this procedure.
- Go to the Setup menu and choose Import Customised Forms. The Import Customised Forms assistant appears.
- Click Browse to locate and select the folder containing the customised forms you want to import.
- Select an option to handle duplicate customised forms. If you:
- want to replace any existing customised forms, select replace the existing form with the imported form.
- don’t want to replace any existing customised forms, select reject the form being imported.
- Click Next. If you didn’t make a backup of your company file prior to starting the import process, click Back up to make one now.
- Click Import. The import process starts.
- When the import process finishes, the Conclusion step of the assistant appears showing the results of the import process, such as the number of forms imported and the number not imported.
You can view more information about the import results by clicking the link to the import log file.
- Click Finish to close the Import Customised Forms assistant. You can select customised forms that were successfully imported from the relevant tab of the Customise Forms window, from transaction windows and from the relevant Advanced Filters window.