How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
MYOB Essentials’ payroll reports are listed in the Payroll reports section of the Reports page. The reports and their functions are listed below.
- IRD monthly returns (New Zealand only)—download an electronic version of the IRD forms you need to submit each month. See ‘To produce IRD monthly returns (New Zealand)’ below for more information about these reports.
- Past pay runs—displays a summary report or all payslips for each pay run you’ve processed.
- Payroll summary & details—view a summary or details of your total payroll activity for a specified date range (or for the year to date).
To produce IRD monthly returns (New Zealand) x
Go to the Payroll menu and choose IRD monthly returns.
The IRD monthly returns page appears. This is where you can preview and download your Employer monthly schedule (IR348) and Employer deduction form (IR345).
If you're looking for the KiwiSaver employee details (KS1) form, you can download it here. You'd use this form to enrol new employees in KiwiSaver or allow existing employees to opt-in to KiwiSaver.
In the Choose a period section, choose the month you want the reports to cover.
- If you want, you can use the Preview buttons to take a look at each form before you download them. You'll need a PDF viewer like Adobe Acrobat to view the previews.
- Enter your contact details in the Employer contact details section, and choose your payment date.
- Click Download. The IR348 and IR345 forms are downloaded together, as a single .zip file. You can submit this file directly to the IRD's ir-File portal.
To produce a Past pay runs report x
- Go to the Payroll reports section of the Reports page.
- Click Past pay runs.
The Pay runs page appears, where you can choose which report you want to view.
- If you want to view a summary of a pay run, click the icon in the Summary column next to the date range required.
If you want to view all payslips from a pay run, click the icon in the Payslips column next to the date range required.
The report appears as a PDF in an Adobe Reader window, ready for you to review, save or print.
To produce a Payroll summary or Payroll details report x
- Go to the Payroll menu and click Payroll summary.
- Choose the date range for which you want to view the report.
- If you want to view a summary of your payroll activity for each employee over the specified date range, click Summary report.
If you want to view details of your total payroll activity for the specified date range, click Detailed report.
The report appears in a new tab, ready for you to review, save or print.