How satisfied are you with our online help?*
Just these help pages, not phone support or the product itself
Why did you give this rating?
Anything else you want to tell us about the help?
On the Payment options tab, you can choose how long your customers have to pay you, and enter the payment details that will make it easy for them to pay.
Choose your default payment terms
In the Default payment terms section of the Payment options tab, choose the default payment terms that you want to appear on your invoices. You can change these terms for individual invoices while you're entering the invoice, but future invoices will always use the default terms you set up here.
You can choose from three ways of calculating payment terms:
- Due on - Choose each invoice's due date as you create the invoice.
- Days from end of this month - Invoices will be due the specified number of days from the end of the month they're issued in.
- Days from invoice date - Invoices will be due the specified number of days after the invoice's Date of issue.
Set up your How to pay details
In the How to pay details section of the Payment options tab, you choose which options you want to include in the How to Pay section of the invoices you give to your customers. You can add details for Direct deposit and By mail. For more information see To set your How to Pay Details below.
- From the Settings menu, choose Invoice and quote settings. The Invoice and quote settings page appears.
- Click the Payment options tab.
- In the How to pay details section, select the payment options you want to include on your invoices:
- Direct deposit
- If you select Direct deposit, enter the details of the bank account you want customers to deposit payments into.
- If you select Mail, you can choose whether you want customers to mail their payments to your business address or your postal address. The address you choose will be printed on your invoices.
You can view or change your business or postal address on the Business details page. See Business Details for more information.
- Click Save to save your changes.