What causes this message?
This is usually because the ABN you entered when you went through the Check payroll details process, is not the same one you entered when going through the Connect to the ATO process.
How to fix it
If the ABN in Company information is incorrect
- Enter the correct ABN to Company information.
- Continue to process pay runs as you normally would.
The correct YTD amounts will sent to the ATO next pay run.
If the ABN you entered during the Connect to the ATO process is incorrect
- Go to the Payroll menu and choose Payroll reporting.
- Click the ATO settings tab.
- Click STP settings.
- Follow the prompts to set up Single Touch Payroll again.
Make sure you have your ABN details handy.
Once the error is fixed the correct YTD amounts will sent to the ATO next pay run.