There are two steps to the process of applying for a bank feed:
- Set up a bank feed— Choose which MYOB Essentials Cashbook account you want to link to your bank feed, and enter the bank or credit card account details.
- Complete the application— Sign the authorisation form and post it to MYOB.
Once you’ve completed your application, your bank transactions will start appearing in MYOB Essentials within 10 business days.
Before you start
Before you set up a bank feed, you’ll need access to a few things:
- An MYOB Essentials Cashbook account equivalent to the bank account or credit card you’re setting up a bank feed for. For example, if you’re linking your Visa card, you would need an MYOB Essentials Cashbook credit card account to link it to.
- The MYOB Essentials Cashbook account must already be specified as a banking account or a credit account in the Accounts List.
- For a bank account, you’ll need the bank account number, BSB and account holder’s name.
- For a credit card, you’ll need the card holder’s name, credit card number and expiry date (for a credit card).
- The person authorised to sign for the bank account. This is usually the account holder.
Step 1: Set up a bank feed
- Open the cashbook for the relevant business.
- Go to Settings> Manage bank feeds.
Any accounts that you have specified as banking or credit card accounts are listed on this page.
- Locate the account for which you want to set up a bank feed, and click the Setup button. A Set up bank feed form appears.
- In the Link this account to field, select the bank, credit card or financial institution name.
Depending on what you select here, more fields will appear.
- Fill out all the details.
- Click Submit when you are done.
A bank-feed application form will be generated, and a few minutes later, the form will be available for download. You will see a Download Form button and an updated Status.
- Click the Download Form button to download the form (it will be in a PDF-format).
- Do you already have feeds set up in BankLink? If so, simply email us the details and the PDF generated by the system at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Complete the application
- From the Manage bank feeds page, click the Download Form button. The form, in PDF-format, will be downloaded.
- Print the form.
Complete and sign the form (it must be signed by the account signatory).Note: Please do not edit the numbers on the form manually. The application may be rejected if you do this.
- Post it to MYOB at the address shown on the form. There is no postage fee.
When your bank feed is ready, your transactions will start appearing in MYOB Essentials Cashbook. You can check the status of your application at any time on the Manage bank feeds page.
Deleting a bank feed
You can delete a bank feed at any time from the Manage bank feeds page. You might want to use this option if you incorrectly setup a bank account number or if you wanted to stop receiving a feed. You can also delete a pending application.