AccountRight v19 is compatible with the 32-bit versions of Microsoft Office. In addition to this, Microsoft Word 2010 introduced new security features to reduce the likelihood of software viruses. However, this means that some Word templates created in older versions don't work with the recommended Word security settings.
If you're using AccountRight letter templates formatted in an older version of Word, you may get the following errors:
To continue creating personalised letters using AccountRight, you'll need to use templates designed for use with later versions of Word. You can either:
- use our updated letter templates, or
- save your templates in a later Word format - do this if you've customised the look and content of your letters (for example, you've added a company logo)
Still getting these errors after updating your templates?
Some clients have reported that they occasionally receive these errors after updating their templates. In these cases, you can create your letters by closing Word and trying again.
Attached to the bottom of this support note is a file containing updated letter templates. Copy it to your desktop and then replace your existing templates.
Note that if you've customised your letters, we recommend you update the format of your existing templates. See To save templates in a later Word format below.
- Right-click the Letters.zip file at the bottom of this support note and choose to save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click the file on your desktop. The contents of the file will be displayed - a single folder called Letters.
- Extract this folder to your AccountRight program folder, for example C:\Premier19.
- Click Yes to All to replace all current letter templates.
If you've customised your letter templates, you'll need to save your templates in a format that works with Word 2010. Before you can do this, you'll need to temporarily change your Word security options.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Go to the File menu in the top-left corner of the screen and choose Options. The Word Options window appears.
- Click Trust Center then click Trust Center Settings.
- Click File Block Settings.
- Select the Open option for Word 97 Binary Documents and Templates.
- Select the option Open selected file types in Protected View and allow editing.
- Click OK.
- Close then re-open Microsoft Word.
- In the alert bar that is displayed, click Enable editing.
- Click the File in the top-left corner of the screen and choose Open. The Open window is displayed.
- Locate your MYOB letter templates. You'll find them in the Letters folder in your AccountRight program folder, for example C:Premier19Letters.
- Select your customised template and click Open.
- From File menu in the top-left corner of the screen, choose Save As. The Save As window is displayed.
- In the Save as type field, select Word 97-2003 Template (*.dot). Make sure you're saving it to the same Letters folder, such as C:Premier19Letters.
- Click Save.
- If a message appears asking if you want to overwrite an existing file, click Yes.
- Repeat from step 10 for each customised template.
- When you've updated all your templates, reset the default security settings:
- From the File menu, choose Options then click Trust Center.
- Click Trust Center Settings then File Block Settings.
- In the Trust Center window, click Restore Defaults.