After upgrading AccountRight v19 and trying to customise a report, you might find some of the report filters are incorrect or not available:
This can be caused by the upgrade being affected by security software on your computer, e.g. antivirus, or security settings in Windows.
To resolve this issue, complete the following tasks.
This task ensures a copy of your company file is created which contains your most up-to-date information. This is always recommended before uninstalling your software. For more information on backing up, see the AccountRight help (Australia | New Zealand).
- In AccountRight, go to the File menu and choose Backup.
- Click Continue.
- Select a destination for the backup file and click Save.
Uninstalling AccountRight removes the software, but your company file will remain untouched.
- Close all programs and disable any antivirus software.
- Access the list of programs installed on your computer:
- In Windows 8 and later: Right-click in the screen's bottom-left corner and choose Programs and Features.
- In Windows 7/Vista: Click the Windows Start button, choose Control Panel then choose Programs and Features.
- Click MYOB AccountRight v19.x then click Uninstall. In some Windows versions this may appear as Change/Uninstall.
- If a confirmation message is displayed, click Yes.
- If the Setup window is displayed, select the Remove option then click Next.
- The system will display a window asking if you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components. Click Yes.
- Click Finish once the uninstall process is complete.
- Restart your computer.
This task involves changing the name of the folder where AccountRight is installed. This insures that when you reinstall AccountRight in the next task, all required files are recreated in a new installation folder.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Computer or Windows Explorer window appears.
Navigate to your AccountRight installation folder on your C: drive. Depending on your AccountRight version, the default folder location and name will be:
Default installation folder (v19.12 or earlier)
Default installation folder (v19.13 or later, Australia only)
- Right-click the AccountRight installation folder and choose Rename.
- Type over the folder name to rename it and include the word "OLD", such as OLD_Plus19.
- Click off the folder name to save the new name.
If you don't already have it, the AccountRight installation file (and installation instructions) can be downloaded from my.MYOB (Australia | New Zealand). You will need the "Full Install" file, not the upgrade. For more information on downloading from my.MYOB, see Downloading AccountRight.
Double-click the downloaded AccountRight Full Install file and follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
Once AccountRight has installed, you can turn your antivirus software back on.
Your company files and customised data (customised forms, personalised mail merge letters, and BASlink data (Australia only)) is in the AccountRight installation folder which you renamed in Task 3 above. To ensure this data is accessible in AccountRight, you'll need to copy the applicable files/folders into the new AccountRight installation folder.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Computer or WindowsExplorer window appears.
Navigate to the AccountRight installation folder you renamed in Task 3 above. Depending on your AccountRight version, here's where you'll find it (this presumes you added "OLD_" to the folder name when you renamed it):
If using this AccountRight version
The old installation folder is here (v19.12 or earlier)
The old installation folder is here (v19.13 or later, Australia only)
- Double-click to open your old AccountRight installation folder.
Depending on the data you need to use in AccountRight, copy the following files/folders from your old AccountRight installation folder (right-click and choose Copy). Depending on what you need to use, here's what you need to copy:
If you have copy this file/folder company files your company files (these have a ".myo" file extension, e.g. "My Company File.myo") customised forms the Forms folder personalised letters the Letters folder Baslink data (Australia only) the BASlink folder
Paste the copied files and folders into your new AccountRight installation folder (right-click the folder and choose Paste). Depending on your AccountRight version, here's where you'll find it:
If using this AccountRight version:
The new installation folder is here (v19.12 or earlier)
The new installation folder is here (v19.13 or later, Australia only)
You will now be able to open your company file and the report customisation will work as expected.